We all love YouTube – it’s become one the primary ways we consume content, from music videos to learning how to flat iron your own hair or how to blow stuff up in Minecraft, YouTube is there for us.
Stats for Nerds: Here are some random YouTube stats for you:
• YouTube is the second most popular search Engine
• There are over 1,300,000,000 YouTube viewers
• More than 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
• Roughly 5 billion videos are watched every day
• More than 1 billion hours of YouTube are watched per day
• Half of YouTube viewers are under 32
• You can navigate YouTube in 76 different languages
• 95% of the most watched videos are music videos
• YouTube searches for “How To” are growing by 7% per year
We thought we would take a look at which are the most watched videos on YouTube of all time. Here is what we found…
Released in September 2013, this video is currently sitting at 2,660,442,172 views.
Released in August 2014, Taylor Swift’s “Shake it off currently has 2,679,640,946 views
Who doesn’t love this video? It currently has 2,807,442,408 views.
The seventh most watched video on YouTube is Justin Bieber’s “Sorry”, with 3,032,982,922 views.
Released in July 2012, this video caused something of a sensation at the time. It is currently sitting at 3,237,918,824 views.
This Russian cartoon is the only YouTube video on the top 10 list which isn’t a music video. Released in January 2012, this episode of Masha and the Bear currently has 3,310,224,052 views.
Proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that we all just love to get down to a really happy track, this video which was releases in November 2014 is currently sitting at 3,333,539,778 views.
From the “Fast and the Furious” sound track, this video was released in April 2015 and is currently sitting at 3,864,979,284 views
We will be seeing him in Cape Town soon, and it’s no surprise we’re all so excited given Ed’s immense popularity. “Shape of You” is currently sitting at 3,900,289,637 views
Released just last year (January 2017) , this video has managed to sky rocket to number one on the “most watched list” with a whopping 5,705,954,569 views. That’s an insane number of views. We wonder how many of those are unique users.